Monday, August 31, 2009

I'm goin' home! See my baby! Goin' home! See my wife!



Another mind altering guitarist from the late sixties, may I present Alvin Lee of Ten Years After. Alvin is a blues guitarist from England who rocked my world when I bought their album Ssssh... An amazing work from "Bad Scene"to "Two Time Mama". But he is most remembered for his fantastic virtuosity on "I'm Going Home" off of the Woodstock album. This just blew me away, three chord blues structure, I-IV-V. A to D to E. Couldn't be more simpler than that. But the passion and style, whoa! It's still one of my all time favorite guitar pieces. Check out his work on their other albums, Cricklewood Green, A Space in Time and Watt. I would love to see him live playing that Gibson ES-335 semi-hollow body. Rock on, Alvin! Electric guitars truly rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment