Friday, July 10, 2009


This will be the first of many posts on everything Electric Guitars! I hope you enjoy my passion for guitars as much as I do. Right now I have five guitars in all:

  • 1982 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Oxblood finish with Tim Shaw pick ups.)
  • 1975 Fender Stratocaster (modified to look like Hendrix's Strat when he played the Newport Jazz festival in 1969. It also has a Floyd Rose tremolo and a Tele neck).
  • 1968 Gibson SG Special (with soap bar pick ups).
  • 1967 Messenger Stereo (like the one Mark Farner used in Grand Funk Railroad).
  • Mid-90's Alvarez acoustic.

I play through a 1983 50-watt Marshall head driving a Traynor 4x10 cabinet. I also use a Tom Scholz Power Soak for volume control. Pedals consist of a Vox wah and a DOD stereo chorus. I also have a Rockman X-100 made by Tom Scholz also which sounds amazing through headphones. That fantastic Boston sound!

Visit my website at Electric Guitars Rock.com

No comments:

Post a Comment